Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 pm   

Command line not receiving delete key presses while docked

Confirmed this with Spy++ - it gets key up events but it doesn't receive key down events for the delete key while docked. Is this a known issue?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm   

It was a confirmed issue with version 2.37, but you should no longer be using that version. 3.31 public version has been released now. As far as I know, no outstanding issues with the delete key have been raised.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 pm   

I'm using CMUD 3.31. However, I just overwrote the old installation and didn't explicitly uninstall it. Perhaps there are old components that are still registered causing the issue?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:18 pm   

There isn't any known bug for this in 3.31. When you run CMUD you can check the Help/About menu to make sure you are running the correct version. The only thing that can mess up the delete key is if you have a macro assigned to this key, so check your session macro settings, or try it in a blank session.

You should also always remember to mention the version of Windows you are using along with the version of CMUD.
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:45 pm   

CMUD: 3.31

Another odd behavior I noticed is when I undocked and used the keypad as directional keys, it would still send the key presses to the command line. I tried replacing the built-in macros but still the same effect. In fact, all macros key presses were sent to the command line when undocked (but the macro was still set off).

I think there might have been an issue with installation. I'm going to uninstall and retry it.
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:37 pm   

So to consistently reproduce the problem, I just need to open the Settings window. After that the command line is no longer receiving delete key presses.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 pm   

Still could not reproduce this. If the Settings Window has the keyboard focus, then yes, the Delete key will go to the Settings Editor and not the command line. But after opening the Settings window, if I click on the command line, then Delete works just fine.

Make sure you don't have any 3rd party Windows software installed that might be changing how keyboard focus works. For example, something like XFocus which gives a window the keyboard focus when you hover the mouse over it might cause these kinds of problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: