Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
blighton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:18 pm   

Mapper, rooms wrong direction.

Hey all. Having a problem with mapper on a mud I play, the problem makes sense, was just hoping someone could help with a way to fix it as I have no clue.
The MUD has a tactical movement option, meaning you can switch to tactical movement, and move around inside each room, each room varies in size.
It uses standard, n,w,s ect. to move, and depending on if you are in tactical movement, you will move paces inside the room, or if you are on the edge, you will leave room.
Problem is, if I move a pace north, then leave the room west and it registers the room change, it creates the new room north, always the first movement. Which makes sense.
If I do move around in the room, I have to click 'set location' before I leave the room to get the correct direction created, which it difficult when I am fleeing around mobs on the run or something.
Is there any way config can be setup to use the 'last' move command before leaving a room rather than the first, to the room gets created correctly?

Thanks for any help.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm   

You could possibly use the #NODIR command to solve this problem. It would depend alot on what the MUD returns when moving in the following situations.

1. What the MUD sends to you when in tactical movement mode and you move around in the same room.
2. What the MUD sends to you when in tactical movement mode and you move into another room.
3. What the MUD sends to you when in normal movement mode and you move from room to room.

If the message sent to you for situation 1 happens to be different than the movement message sent for situation 2, I would think you could make a trigger with a pattern to match the text you receive in situation 1 and add the #NODIR command to keep the mapper from parsing that direction.
CMUD 3.34
blighton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm   

Yes, you get "You leave <dir>." Whether you leave a room in normal or tactical, and "You walk..." when moving around room. Adding the trigger to "You walk.." with #NODIR flag, worked perfectly thanks. Adding 'flag', allows me to wipe the whole direction buffer, allowing me to run around the room if I need to flee or evade mobs before actually getting out the the room.
Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: