Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:19 am   

[2.25] possible bug with module command

I first ran into problems importing xml files into secondary packages, (to fix problems with the duplicate varible bug) sometimes settings would get imported into the main session package. Checked with the #module command to see if it was because the main session was the default package instead of the one i wasy trying to import into. I found that the main session was the default package, and i tried to set my secondary packages as default i was unable. So i came up with a method to repeat it...

xml files were selections, not entire modules/windows/packages.

1) Start cmud
2) Close the sessions window
3) #module >> untitled session is labled as default
3) #module one
4) #module two
5) #module three
6) #module >> untitled session module is still default
7) #module three >> untitled session module is still default

Screenshot of above procedure, with a few extra #module commands to show progression

Can anyone confirm this or have suggestions?, and does the import xml rely on the the default module? and if not then trying to import xml into package/module two shouldn't end up with them in the main session package right?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:39 pm   

The problem is that whenever you enter a command into the command line, the default module is set to whatever window the command line is attached to. When you use the #MODULE command, the module only remains active during that particular script or command. For example, if you did this:

#MODULE three;#MODULE

then it will show that module three is the default since the "#MODULE" command was given on the same command line.

So, I don't think this is causing the problem with your XML import. When the settings editor is open and you are importing or pasting XML, the default module on the command line shouldn't matter. But if you can come up with a procedure using the settings editor that shows the XML getting imported into the wrong module, definitely let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: