Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
killjack
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 am   

a confused problem between databases variables and database records

I meet a problem now.

when use one trigger to set the value of record in database, the record not be set but some database variables are created.

for example.

trigger pattern {....(*)...(*)}

{#dbload qu;1qu.Name=%1;1qu.Type=%2}

"1qu" is the existing record in qu database. but the result shows this record not be set value and a new database variable "1qu" is created.

anyone could give me a hand?
thanks
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:55 am   

I would have to double check some of my really old scripts to make sure this is right, but It think it should work for a script. The final #DBPUT might not even be necessary, but I don't recall ever checking it specifically, I do remember noticing something odd that made me think that.

#dbload qu;#DBGET 1qu;#ADDKEY {%rec} {Name} {%1};#ADDKEY {%rec} {Type} {%2};#DBPUT %rec
killjack
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:53 am   

Vijilante,
not work with the scripts. still create database variable and not update the record of database.
need some special settings?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 am   

I can't quite follow what you mean by this?
Quote:
not work with the scripts. still create database variable and not update the record of database.
Perhaps a few full sentences explaining what is going wrong, followed by a few more full setences explaining what you want to do, would actually get me to understand.
killjack
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:24 am   

ok!
I just wanna get the value from trigger pattern and set them to the record of database.
with these scripts above,the value only be set to a new database variable not the record of database.
such as the following scripts.
#dbload qu;#DBGET 1qu;#ADDKEY {%rec} {Name} {%1};#ADDKEY {%rec} {Type} {%2};#DBPUT %rec
or
{#dbload qu;1qu.Name=%1;1qu.Type=%2}
the result in my zmud is that the database variable "1qu" is created and the record "1qu" not to be set value.

actually I ever did set the value of record successfully by these scripts but not always.I'm not sure what happen.
killjack
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 am   

I found the record number of database is not unique. there are serval same record numbers existing in one database after executing triggers serval times. but the value of record still not be set correctly. would it be a bug problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: