Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
talonfreak2003
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:10 pm   

Script help?

Alright, I'm not exactly great with scripts, so I figured I'd come here to ask for abit of advice/help.

What I'm looking for is either help making the script or help on understanding how to make the script.

Whenever someone goes to quest, they get this multiple line feed:
Quote:

Someone asks The High Priest of Arkane for a quest.
The High Priest of Arkane says 'Thank you, brave Someone!'
The High Priest of Arkane says 'Vile pilferers have stolen the King's sceptre from the royal treasury!'
The High Priest of Arkane says 'My court wizardess, with her magic mirror, has pinpointed its location.'
The High Priest of Arkane says 'Look in the general area of <area>l for <room>!'
The High Priest of Arkane says 'You have 52 1/2 hours to complete this quest.'
The High Priest of Arkane says 'May the gods go with you!'

Now, I already have, for the most part, the entire script worked out, to fire off of "Look in the general are of". The problem I run into is there's usually 5-15 people in the same room as me questing, so my script also fires off of theirs. What would be the easiest way to have it only fire off on my quests? I would post my questing script but it's rather long (70kb worth of quests)[/quote]
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:34 pm   

Put the trigger(s) in a class and disable it. Create an alias and use #t+ to enable in when you ask for a quest (create an alias to do both). Have the trigger for the last line use #t- do disable the class again.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:37 pm   

You could also check for the name. For instance, change the first line to read:
Code:
#trigger {@myname asks the priest of High Arkane for a quest.} {#t  questscript}

Just put the script, minus the above trigger, into a folder called questscript. Also, make a variable myname with your name in it. You'll want to make a trigger to turn off the script, too. Probably want the last line to turn it off.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:39 pm   

Stupid cell limits. I was going to add that you would need to disable the folder when you first make it. And the trigger I made is if your script starts off you asking the high priest. Change it as you see fit. :-)
talonfreak2003
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 am   

I got it to work. Everything is divided into folders
Inside the Script_Triggers folder is the one to disable it after it's been selected using
Code:
#TRIGGER {$The High Priest of Arkane says 'May the gods go with you!'$} {#T- Script_Triggers}

The one that permanently runs is
Code:
 #TRIGGER {^* asks The High Priest of Arkane for a quest.$} {#IF ("%1"="Aritan") {#T+ Script_Triggers} {#SHOW @questgauge}
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 am   

If you have Relogin set up on your ZMud session, you can alternatively also use %char instead of writting your name out.

So the part with #if ("%1"="Aritian") would be #if ("%1"=%char)

Just a thought.

Prog
talonfreak2003
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:24 am   

Ok, next question... how do I make it gag all the lines going in.

Code:
s;s;c fly;c pass;w;s;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;s;s;s;e;s;s;w;w;se;s;se;e;n;n;e;e;s;se;e;se;se;n;ne;nw;sw;s;e;n;n;n;n;n;n

How do I make it gag all that when it's imputed. I put #GAG infront of it, but it doesn't gag it :)
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:41 am   

#forall "s|s|c fly|c pass|w|s|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|s|s|s|e|s|s|w|w|se|s|se|e|n|n|e|e|s|se|e|se|se|n|ne|nw|sw|s|e|n|n|n|n|n|n" {#send %i}

Alternatively, you could create a trigger:

#oninput "GagInput" {*} {#gag}

And keep it disabled. Before you send a big load of commands, use #t+ to enable it, and then once they've been sent, use #t- to disable it.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:08 am   

If you set it up as a path then you can also use this alias
#ALIAS QuietPath {#SEND {%replace(%pathexand(%alias(%1)),"|",%cr)}
alternately if you use some moce compex commands in the paths like your example shows
#ALIAS QuietPath {#SEND {%replace(%exec(.%1),"|",%cr)}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: