Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:47 am   

[1.15] Calling alias from an alias crash

Clean install. System totally clean using compatability editor to root things out (at last)

alias attack

Code:
attack target
#deli targetlist D
#deli targetlist A
targettoggle

alias targettoggle
Code:

#if ((%ismember( "E", @targetlist )) and (%ismember( "A", @targetlist ))) {#say on} {#t- buttonb}
#if ((%ismember( "FI", @targetlist )) and (%ismember( "W", @targetlist ))) {#say on} {#t- buttona}

ok, when i call the alias "attack" i get a crash. If I remove "targettoggle" from the alias. it doesnt crash. however when calling targettoggle alone it doesnt crash. so its something to do with how they all work together

the #t- turn off certain buttons

sent you the crash report via email zugg[/code]
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:59 am   

I can't see anything really wrong with what you posted. You have a few extra pairs of parenthesis, but that doesn't actually hurt anything. Spaces between the @targetlist reference and close parenthesis are the only thing I could imagine might cause a problem. Try changing that spacing then report back,
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:20 am   

I'm working on it now, He didn't give us everything. I am recreating the crash. And working on a way to narrow it more.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:14 am   

For starters If you ONLY create the first alias and actually use it you get an Access Violation.
First you get the loop pop up and after you click ok you get.

Error: Access violation at 0X0040539E(tried to write to 0X00030FFC), program terminated.

After that, if you put a ~ before the attack target to keep away the infinate loop. When you create a second alias. His targettoggle, and place #say on in the value and check to be sure it compiles, heck even run it. Now type attack.

The contents of the value of the variable are echoed to the screen as if the Alias didn't compile. If you keep going you can make the value complex enough to cause the crash he described but I think this is enough weirdness to hunt down the bug.
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:39 am   

here is a more extensive version of the same code that is suffering from the same crash.

ALIAS - "cloak"
Code:

evoke cloak
#deli spiritsketch D
#deli spiritsketch A
spirittoggle

ALIAS - "spirittoggle"
Code:

#if ((%ismember( "E", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "A", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcwater}
#if ((%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "W", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcresist}
#if ((%ismember( "A", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "D", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorccloak}
#if ((%ismember( "E", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "W", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcbladebar}
#if ((%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "A", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "FO", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcfear}
#if ((%ismember( "A", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "D", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "FO", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorclead}
#if ((%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "E", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "W", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcgate}
#if ((%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "L", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcstun}
#if ((%ismember( "D", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcdark}
#if ((%ismember( "D", @spiritsketch)) and (%ismember( "FI", @spiritsketch))) {} {#t- sorcwar}

Then there are buttons labelled sorcwar, sorcdark, sorcstun, sorcgate and so on....

edit. what this script does is hides the buttons that have been used.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:05 pm   

Very wierd. It seems to be something to do with the #DELITEM calls in the first alias. If I replace these with #NOOP, then it works. But #DELITEM and #ADDITEM both cause it to fail. Looks like some obscure parser issue, so I've added it to the bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: