Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:26 pm   

CMUD repeatedly crashing

ok, just after writing my last post about the tell capturing trigger. CMUDs gone crazy on me. it keeps giving me application errors (ive been sending them into you guys), and in one load wouldnt even let me load up the session.

Its erroring for things as simple as entering text into the command window (even before i press enter - although admittedly this is just what im doing as it errors). Its making CMUD unplayable. is there maybe something i havent done that i need to do? i have only just downloaded CMud after 'upgrading'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fergal
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:15 pm   

Well, you haven't exactly given us much to go on here. How about at least saying what the "exception message" is on the application error?

Also, any report of a problem in CMUD should have [1.12] or whatever version you are running in the subject of your post.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:34 pm   

You might need to select Edit Session, then go to the Files tab, then replace the *.PKG package file with your original *.MUD zMUD settings and let it re-convert your settings. Or enter a new package filename to start with a blank file and they recreate your triggers and stuff. Once you get a messed up package file for a session, then it will probably keep causing errors when you load the session.

You can also try turning off the "Use Layout" option in case it's the window docking layout for the session that is messed up.
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:55 pm   

i was using the default layout at this point (prior to running tell capturing), but i think im going to reinstall CMud into the same directory as ZMud for the triggers, and alii, so hopefully that will sort things. will let you know.

Thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:37 pm   

Actually, any time you open a session icon, the layout for that session is automatically saved by default. After that, the saved layout will be loaded whenever you open that session icon. So even though you just started with the default layout, there is still potentially a *.XLY layout file for your character session that might be messed up.

Unlike zMUD, CMUD saves layouts automatically unless the Use Layout option is unchecked for the session.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:17 pm   

Zugg, does that mean that if 2 muds are opened, then next time you open up one mud the 2nd is opened as well?
Or are they still treated seperately?
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 pm   

The layout file will contain the position of both windows, but it won't load both sessions unless you add the *.PKG package file of the second session to the list of packages to open with the first session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: