Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:41 am   

CMUD 1.03 BETA Released!

This is another early BETA version of CMUD. Remember that BETA VERSIONS HAVE BUGS! If you are not willing to deal with buggy software, then don't use this beta version...wait for the public release in a few months.

This BETA version fixes several of the major "show-stopping" bugs from 1.01 and 1.02. This version should hopefully be a lot more useable.

If you imported existing *.MUD files into the previous 1.01 version, you should re-import those MUD files into 1.03. You can do this by clicking the Edit Session button, going to the Files tab, and entering the name of the *.MUD file in place of the *.PKG file.

PKG files from v1.01 and earlier are probably corrupted beyond recovery. There were several bugs in 1.01 that caused some preferences to get saved with extra single quotes that will not work properly if loaded into 1.03.

I've created an official Version History for CMUD. It lists most of the things that were fixed. I'll eventually have this better tied into our helpdesk database, but for now I'm still doing it by hand so there might be some things fixed that I forgot to list.

Sorry if your favorite bug fix isn't on this list. I have only fixed those issues that I felt were "critical". I determined this by looking at the number of crash dumps being received for the same bug. If several people reported the same crash, then it was probably fixed in this version. Over half of the automatted crash dumps were fixed in this release.

There are still plenty of bugs to find and fix. Feel free to submit *any* crash dumps from 1.03. When sending Feedback, you don't need to repeat Feedback that you sent for 1.01 or 1.02. If I didn't fix the problem, I still have all of the feedback from 1.01 and 1.02 and will still be implementing those fixes for the next version.

Also, feel free to discuss this version here in the forums. You should send an official Feedback or crash dump to make sure it gets into my database, but I'm not taking vacation or anything, so I'll still be reading the forums too. But I'll probably reserve any additional bug fixes until the 1.04 version in a few weeks.

As usual, to download the new version, go to the Download link at the top of this page.

I hope this version is a lot better than the last one. Enjoy!

Last edited by Zugg on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:48 am   

Btw, you'll notice that I've done away with the a/b/c... versions in CMUD. Whenever I release a new version of CMUD, I'll *always* be incrementing the second number, regardless of how minor of a release it is. So, it doesn't matter that 1.02 was just released yesterday...rather than calling this 1.02a I'm just going with 1.03.

I think this will be easier for people to follow. Also, our new helpdesk system doesn't support version numbers like 1.02a so I was forced to change it anyway Wink

I know most people didn't expect 1.03 so quickly. This is *not* the full set of bug fixes. But there were several major issues left in 1.02 that I felt I still needed to fix right away to get better bug reports. The bug that was preventing the command line from expanding was actually a *very* serious problem with some preferences not getting loaded, and was responsible for several other issues that people were reporting. So, 1.04 will hopefully be the version that fixes more bugs and will be released in several weeks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:11 am   

Download link has been fixed. If you got 1.02 again instead of 1.03, just try the download again. Sorry about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: