Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:45 am   

#loop and #loopdb help

I have used :
#LOOPDB %rec {#if ((%val != "") AND (%val != 0) AND (%key != "Weight" AND (%key != "GoldValue") AND (%key != "Num") AND (%key != "iddate") AND (%key != "whoid"))) {#SHOW %key "=" %val}}
to display a list of non blank, non zero field values for a given database record. however, I am trying to loop this command to allow myself to use the find and dbget commands to find all records containing a certain name, then one by one perform the above referenced loopdb expansion on them for example, in my database i might have two names:
big sword and little sword so I set my alias to dbchecker, so I type
dbchecker sword --- into the prompt line
#var tempdb "%-1"--- this will capture sword to tempdb
#var templist %find( @tempdb, all) ---this will give me a list of the record numbers that have sword in their name
then somehow i need to use dbget and #loop and probably a different variable other than %rec to pass each of the records into the #loopdb expression below...
#LOOPDB %rec {#if ((%val != "") AND (%val != 0) AND (%key != "Weight" AND (%key != "GoldValue") AND (%key != "Num") AND (%key != "iddate") AND (%key != "whoid"))) {#SHOW %key "=" %val}}
as a display, i would like to see a list of the field keys and values for each of the entries that has sword in the name.
I just can't seem to figure out how to finish this thing... any help would be appreciated..
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:50 am   

Sorry, but i found the way to do it... I used #forall instead of #loop

#forall @tempdb4 {
#var ttt2 {%dbget( %i)}
#cr
#loopdb @ttt2 {#if ((%val != "") AND (%val != 0) AND (%key != "Weight" AND (%key != "GoldValue") AND (%key != "Num") AND (%key != "iddate") AND (%key != "whoid"))) {#SHOW %key "=" %val}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: