Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adverge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:50 am   

Help with Zmud Scripty Alias Thingy

Hello. I do not know much about programming and zMud and all that stuff. I can do basic macros, aliases, and triggers, and there I stop.

I need an alias I used to have for zMud but have since lost somehow.

I can explain exactly what I need in hopes that someone knows how to do this and explain how I put it in zMud in a simple, clear manner.

The game I play has a herbs/poisons system in which you must pick and prepare the herbs and poisons.

I need an alias that would do the following:

pick herbname

Then wait until this line: Right hand ready.

Then:

prepare herbname

Then:

inpouch herbname

Then wait until this line again: Right hand ready.

Then restart the alias.

Problem: The 'right hand ready' line is used often in the game so it would have to turn itself on and off as a trigger line in the alias itself.

Also, I'd like to specify the number of times I can do this in the alias itself.

I would like the alias to look something like this:

pic herbname #

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:39 pm   

This should create an alias that:
1) allows for pick herbname or pick herbname #
2) Waits for Right Hand Ready. just during the process of the herb picking, preparing and inpouch'ing.
3) Puts it into folder HerbPickPrepare

#ALIAS pick {#IF ((%numparam( )==1) OR (%int( %2)>0)) {~pick %1;#ALARM RightHAndReadyPrepare +1 {#temp RightHandReady {Right hand ready.} {prepare %1;#ALARM RightHAndReadyInPouch +1 {#TEMP RightHandReady {Right hand ready.} {inpouch %1;pick %1 [%2-1]} "" {}}} "" {}}} {#NOOP End of herb preparing script.}} "HerbPickPrepare"
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:59 pm   

#CLASS {Herbing}
#ALIAS pic {#VARIABLE howmany {0};#VARIABLE howmanycount {0};#VARIABLE herbname {%1};#VARIABLE howmany {%2};#SEND {pick @herbname};#T+ righthandready1}
#VAR howmany {0} {0}
#VAR herbname {} {}
#VAR howmanycount {0} {0}
#TRIGGER "Righthandready1" {Right hand ready} {#SEND {prepare @herbname};#SEND {inpouch herbname};#T+ righthandready2;#T- righthandready1} "" {disable}
#TRIGGER "Righthandready2" {Right hand ready} {#ADD howmanycount 1;#IF (@howmanycount = @howmany) {#ECHO Last Herbing Being Performed Now.} {#T+ righthandready1;#SEND {pick @herbname}};#T- righthandready2} "" {disable}
#CLASS 0

Tried it and it worked.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:46 am   

Oh thank you that works!

The only problem with it is that the "inpouch herbname" line says that I'm not holding a herbname to inpouch.

Thank you very much for this. Maybe I can figure out what's missing and get it sorted.
adverge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:51 am   

Actually, I need a 'right hand ready' before the inpouch as well.

Also, when I try to change the type of herb/poison it still picks the first one I chose. How do I change that?
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:08 pm   

The inpouch herbname it shoulda been inpouch @herbname

This is for the right hand ready inpouch

#CLASS {Herbing}
#ALIAS pic {#VARIABLE howmany {0};#VARIABLE howmanycount {0};#VARIABLE herbname {%1};#VARIABLE howmany {%2};#SEND {pick @herbname};#T+ righthandready1}
#VAR howmany {0} {0}
#VAR herbname {} {}
#VAR howmanycount {0} {0}
#TRIGGER "Righthandready1" {Right hand ready} {#SEND {prepare @herbname};#T+ righthandready2;#T- righthandready1} "" {disable}
#TRIGGER "Righthandready2" {Right hand ready} {#SEND {inpouch @herbname};#T+ righthandready3;#T- righthandready2} "" {disable}
#TRIGGER "Righthandready3" {Right hand ready} {#ADD howmanycount 1;#IF (@howmanycount = @howmany) {#ECHO Last Herbing Being Performed Now.} {#T+ righthandready1;#SEND {pick @herbname}};#T- righthandready3} "" {disable}
#CLASS 0

What exactly do u mean by change type doing the same?
pic herb 3
Runs thru the cycle 3 times
pic poison 3
Runs thru the cycle with herb not poison?
Shouldn't be doing that at all. Are you sure you copied and pasted correctly?

pic herb 3
the herb is the %1 the 3 is the %2
whenever you type the command it resets the herbname

Question is the herb/poison picked always one work? Meant to ask that before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: