Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zmudnoob
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:27 pm   

Multiple Databases

I've had an eq database for a while now but have recently started a mob database and then a quest database that references both the mob and eq database records to log which quest mobs ask for what items. This is the first time I have used multiple databases and tried very carefully to use #DBLOAD in my aliases/triggers to make sure the correct database was loaded, have unique aliases, variables, etc yet often find that my eq database will create multiple copies of the last selected record when I access my quest database. Are there more commands I should be using with multiple databases to help avoid confusion? Do I need to add #DBCLOSE? Should I only have one database open at a time? Any help and advice on maintaining and moving between multiple databases would be greatly appreciated!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:24 am   

There's no major difference between multiple DBs open at the same time versus a single DB open at one time. However, there ARE a couple rules you need to keep in mind:

1)with multiple DBs, optional database name or two-leter identifiers (ie 20eq) are no longer optional. You must specify these if you want to access your other databases. EXCEPTION: whichever database was loaded last (to avoid problems, however, specify names at all times.)

2)%rec and %key as they pertain to databases only apply to the current database. %key is also used in conjunction with %val for datarecord variables and certain commands not necessarily limited to databases, and are considered separate usages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: