I just installed Zmud today. I was fooling around with it and
lost the side window. I probably lost other window as well as
I dont remember how it was the first time. I tried the layout
menu to no avail. How do I get it back the layout when you
first install Zmud. Thanks.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:11 pm   

I couldn't quite follow what windows you seem to have lost, nor can I figure how you could manage to lose them. Some possible options:
delete the appropiate .lay file
delete the setting.dok file
delete the zMud.ini file (will require you to reset some glabal preferences)
Use the corrupted setting repair method described here for corrupt settings.

These options are not in any specific order since your were unclear on what window is lost.
burley
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:14 am   

Nope that didnt work. What Im talking about is the side window on the left. Just
as it was when you first installed Zmod. Now I have full screen scrolling window.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:49 am   

which window are we talking about? The character database where you pick which character to connect to the mud? The settings editor where you create triggers, aliases, and so forth? Each window has a name, and knowing it would help us better understand what exactly you are looking at.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:37 pm   

I guess the problem is they're no longer looking at it so can't name it *lol*. In any case it sounds like they used to have a window to the left of the main mud window, personally never heard of an extra mud output window to the left from a clean zMUD install so it is unlikely to be that.

Given that telling us the name of the window is no longer an option would you be able to at all describe what used to appear in the window you lost? Just plain text scrolling by, a windows explorer like tree view?
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:29 am   

I get all sorts of strange window behavior. For example, I usually set up my windows so that each character I play has a "Chat" window that I capture chat, poses, pages, tells, etc. I tile the chat window above the main window. Sometimes, the Chat window loses its name (from the title bar and the Window menu).

When I start a second character (and I have it set so that the new game takes over the main Zmud window), it works fine to use the Window menu to toggle between the two. But if I drag the main window away (so I can see both), what first happens is that the Chat window takes over the main window, which is OK. But then when I drag the Chat window away, all I'm left with is the Toolbar of the main window. I can't get back my old windows by selecting them in the window menu (and usually the names go blank). The only way to fix this up is to use Layout=>Quick Tiling=>Tiled Vertically, and then I can drag the windows out to get it to look the way I want.

Really annoying...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: