Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:20 pm   

Development Forum../ COM question

Hi there were directions on how to get authorised to view the development forum, but I can't seem to use them properly every since zuggsoft.com was moved to a linux server. (When the interface all changed)... Is the developer forum still active and how would i *know* be able to get access. Do I need to wait for zugg to come back from holidays?

Reason being, is that I might have to create a plugin/do some COM stuff to be able to do what i'd like...

On a related note..i'm reading the documentation for using zmud as a COM server... I must be missing a function ro a line or something..but I've read it twice now. How do I get mud output received by zmud to the program i'm trying to automate zmud from. Ie. if mud sends 10 lines of ASCII art and I want to save it using my plug in.. (rudimentary example). And is it possible to get mud output from zmud before zmud has a chance to process it (ie. get rid of control codes etc.) Thats specifically what i'm looking for.

Thanks,

S2G
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:05 am   

This really should be in the Dev forum. I commiserate with you that you don't have direct access to that forum. If you go to th main forums page there should be a link to apply for access. However you will have to wait until Zugg gets back from vacation to approve your application. I know this is accessible from the API sytem, and should be equally accessible from the COM system; but COM is not designed to be used in this fashion. It simply isn't fast enough. I believe you will have to design this plugin based on the API. Simply email me if you can not locate information on the API.
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:04 am   

Thanks for the reply Vijilante, it's great to have some feedback :) Somtimes it feels like you're just shouting at the wall hehe.

In any case:

"Discussion of zMUD Plugin Development, and General MUD Client developments, such as MSP and MXP. Access to this forum must be approved by Zugg Software. To get access, go to the Groups link at the top, then click View Information and then Join the group."

I can't see this "groups link" ... Perhaps just me?

Thanks. I'll try to see what I can find about the API system.

S2G
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: