Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kadaan
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:21 pm   

Status Window from 6.42->7.05

My status window works, but I can no longer edit it. When I right click on the status window, it opens the editor with a new status window. When I click Show -> Status Bars and select All Classes, my old status window doesn't show up in the list.

I created a new status bar, and what I type in there shows up at the bottom of my status window. It also shows up in the Status Bars list in the settings editor.

How can I edit my old status window in 7.05?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:13 pm   

Until you find it in the editor, you probably won't be able to edit it. Try enabling 'Show Hidden' and 'Show Inherited'.

Alternatively, you could rename the old settings file then import all your old settings EXCEPT the status window.
kadaan
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:24 am   

I have "Show Hidden" "Show Inherited" and "All Classes" checked, but it still doesn't show up.

I don't really want to delete/re-import my settings... but I guess I'll try that.

edit: I tried exporting my settings as a text file, and it shows up in there. Actually I have 4 #STW entries, but none are listed in the settings editor.
kadaan
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:24 am   

I think my problem was that I didn't have a status bar entry for the status windows. When I tried to cut and paste my status window from the text file, it said I had to name it. I don't want anything in the status bar, so I just named it " " and it works fine now.

Status bars and status windows should be separate entities :P.
kadaan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:49 am   

Running into the same problem now with buttons. I think I canceled making a button (or tried to), but it still made one with no label. It doesn't show up in the settings editor. I could export/reimport minus buttons and import those one by one, but that's a pain in the butt. Is there a way to show buttons that don't have a name?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:12 pm   

All buttons have numbers. #BUTTON should show you those numbers and then you can use #UNBUTTON.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: