Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
daren
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:52 am   

portable version of zmud at all possible?

due to the way things have gone for me i mostly have net access at internet c.a.f.e's now, what would i have to do to get zmud to run from a c.d on any computer systems,
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:55 pm   

Hmm..

If you turned off settings-saving, and don't need to change anything (Mapper, Database, Settings etc.) you could probably run it from a CD..

Regardless of that, it will only run if the OS is Windows. And if you dont need to change/save anything..

Lady C.
daren
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:20 am   

I keep getting a operation must be a updateable query message when i try running of the cd, unfortunatly nothing works from there, not even quiting cause everything even clicking on nothing brings up this message, :(

operation must be a updateable query.
scobie
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:15 pm   

If you don't have extravagant scripting needs, I'd say use 4.62 since it doesn't need an installer.
Just pop it in a folder and run :)

zMUD 6.16 - scobie@linux.se
Mathian

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:55 pm   

I have this Updateable query problem after reinstalling today? What exactly does it mean?
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:59 pm   

I'm guessing that since you replied to an old thread, it's related. What version of zMUD are you using, and how? (just trying to see if the info in the old posts applies).
Talbor69

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:24 pm   

I've got the problem myself as well. It works fine with my profile on my computer but when my son signs on with his it comes up with the updateable query problem.

Talbor
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:02 pm   

Seems most likely that zMUD is finding the charbd.mdb file to be read-only and it detects that it won't be able to do an UPDATE command on it.
humblegar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:35 pm   

Talbor69 wrote:
I've got the problem myself as well. It works fine with my profile on my computer but when my son signs on with his it comes up with the updateable query problem.

Talbor

I hope this is not duplicate info, but I noticed this thread had no solution, and I too got this problem after reinstalling.

With windows xp pro, service pack 2, zmud won't be able to run certain operations if the current user is not a member of the "administrators" group, my profile was a member of the "power users" group, but that was not enough, I got that update error as well. At least that is how it seems to me.

To solve this I had to either:
- right click zmud.exe, and choose run as..., then choose administrator (you have to know the password).
or
- log in as an administrator and add your current user to the administrator group (might have to log off and on again, don't remember).

There are probably other (and better) ways to fix this too, like giving explisit rights to one user for zmud a.s.o.

humble
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:22 pm   

ok I am not at all on the up and up with win security but I think these might fix it. But it sounds possible that the security is set for the administrators group

first Zmud HAS to be installed under an admin account
then you have to set the security settings to everyone (or x group or xxx users) for files like
char.mdb
zmud.exe
mud char subfolder and files
And possibly a few others
asler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:45 am   

I once it installed it to one of those memory flash cards that pop into the usb slot. It seemed to work for me but I am no expert with zMudd and when I do use it, my stuff is pretty simple. I will try and install it again this way over Thanksgiving.

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: