Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jeeperv6
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:40 am   

Variables question

Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before, but I read through the topics and couldn't find one that matched mine 100%. So here goes:

I play Empire(www.aplus.net) and when you kill something, you get a random mixture of platinum, gold, silver or copper coins. The copper is the most common and least valuable of course. Empire's output is:

" There were 1 gold, 1 silver, and 283 copper coins "

What I'd like to do is loot the corpse and get all the coins EXCEPT the copper. How would I set up Zmud to drop the copper coins I get? I'm not very familar with the programming aspect of it, so please make it as simple as you can and and as straight foward. Thanks to anyone who can help!
kadaan
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:25 am   

Make the pattern:
^There were* (%d) copper coins$

and the command:
drop %1 copper
(or however you do it on your mud)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:35 am   

Sadly before we can tell you exactly how to do it we woudl have to know if you have to issue a command to pickup each variety of coin, we also would have to know what happens if your muds command was "get all.coins corpse" and you couldn't carry that much. So many things to cover. Perhaps your mud would be happy with get all.gold corpse and you really just need a trigger that says when to send such a command. Without these little tidbits I would have to say Kadaan is right, keep it simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: