Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Keoteka
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:12 am   

[2.36?] Layout mapper docking problem

Do you know about layout not saving? I put main window to left with map in top right and chatter window docked to bottom of map,
every time i reload, the chatter is no longer in bottom of map it's in the center of the screen and I have to drag it back down to the
bottom of the map and then adjust the size of main window as it becomes larger than when i saved the layout.
Keo
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:47 am   

I moved you post out of the online bugs list topic. The mapper is currently being worked on and its entire structure is being changed. The new mapping design will work with such docking better, and have major feature improvments.

I would suggest trying to set up your layout with this method. Dock the 'chatter' window to the right side of your main window. Then dock you mapper to the top of your' chatter' window. It should save that way.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:41 pm   

It's also possible that your layout file is corrupted. Try holding down the SHIFT key and click on the Open Offline action for your session. Then rearrange the windows the way you want them and then exit CMUD and restart and see if the layout got saved. I'm not having any trouble with the mapper or window layout getting saved on my computers here.

Also, if using Vista, be sure your settings and layout files for your session are being stored in a directory that you have proper read/write access permission for.
Keoteka
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:59 pm   

Ok, for some reason cmud had my layout file as *.xly and it wouldn't save/load, i changed it to *.lay and it fixed the problem

Keo
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm   

Actually, *.xly is the correct file extension. Although CMUD doesn't actually care what extension you give it. My guess is that just renaming the file (forcing CMUD to create a new layout) is all that fixed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: