Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Churlant
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:11 am   

Multiple pieces of info in string...

I am trying to store information on objects, then either organize them by one of two pieces of info, or select them based on weight. Such as:

>identify red stone
Object: RedStone Weight: 200

>identify blue stone
Object: BlueStone Weight: 320

I would want to pick out the information with a trigger, both the item name and its individual weight, then pull back a the heaviest stone in the list with an alias or trigger command.. then the second heaviest, etc... possibly in descending order of weight.

This probably requires database use, but I'm fuzzy on how to capture the info with triggers and insert it into a db while on the fly. I would want to erase the entire db and re-start a stone and weight list from scratch.

>-Churlant-<
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:16 am   

Hey I know you have waited a really long time but I hope you like what I've done so far if this is kind of what you want then let me know and i will keep tailoring it for you :)

#CLASS {WeighIt}
#VAR new {640cyanStone900tealStone110WhiteStone320BlueStone200RedStone500teaStone}
#VAR new2 {640=cyanStone|900=tealStone|110=WhiteStone|320=BlueStone|200=RedStone|500=teaStone}
#VAR new3 {900=tealStone|640=cyanStone|500=teaStone|320=BlueStone|200=RedStone|110=WhiteStone}
#VAR new4 {900tealStone640cyanStone500teaStone320BlueStone200RedStone110WhiteStone}
#TRIGGER {Object~: (%w) Weight~: (%d)$} {#addkey new %2 %1;#var new2 "";#var new3 "";#var new4 "";#var new2 %expanddb(@new,"|");#var new3 %sort(@new2,1);#forall @new3 {#addkey New4 {%i}};#echo %ansi(high,Yellow)_____________________________________;#echo %expanddb(@new4,%crlf,": ");#echo %ansi(high,Yellow)_____________________________________;}
#CLASS 0

This works from a trigger of the rresponse after you examine the object
Puts it in the list, and then puts it in order
then spits it out for you to see.

megamog75
I will do this.Nothing in my life matters except this.No moment in my life exists except this moment.I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. Raistlin Majere
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: