Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dalandros

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:12 pm   

bot

Could someone plz tell me how to make a bot, I realize that most muds dont like them but the one i'm on everyone uses them exept me cause i dont know how so plz tell me.
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:30 pm   

Asking a question like that will probably not get much response, if any. You might want to first search the forums and possibly the finished scripts section.

Bots can become EXTREMELY complex.

If you decide to start one and ask for help, including the following may get you more response:

What you are trying to do. What you have tried in terms of triggers, aliases, etc. The errors you receive. MUD output, etc.

Just asking how do I make a bot is not much help.

You could have a bot that types a social every 30 seconds to stay connected...not too advanced, but it works :)

Evangelist/Pernius
telnet://phidar.com:9000
Dalandros

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:39 pm   

ok thanks for the tip let me rephrase
how do i start a bot that i want to go south 30 times while casting c gas each time he goes south, then go north 30 times and cast gas each time he goes north and back and forth and back and forth.
so far i tried aliases of that but they just lag up the server and i get kicked off for put a lid on it.
Dalandros

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:43 pm   

I just wanted to add that i know appsolutly nothing about bots exept they do stuff while you arent there and thier called bots and i don't have one. so i might also want to know what a bot is hehe...man I'm ignorant
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:20 pm   

heres the long way to do it...im at school, so cant really remember or test any other

make an alias called dogas
make it do the following
s
c 'gas'
#WAIT 1000
s
c 'gas'
#WAIT 1000

blah blah until it gets to the number of times you want it to go south and cast gas
then repeat the same for north

the #WAIT 1000 will pause a second in between casting gas and moving, to prevent you from getting disconnected

Evangelist/Pernius
telnet://phidar.com:9000
Dalandros

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:12 am   

ok thanks alot man oh and one more thing how do i make it repeat form the top again or start over with out typing all of this crap over and over again and is there a commmand that will stop the alias while its still going on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: