Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gronga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:49 am   

This could be an incrdible tool!

If Zmud could read from another file (like a .log or .txt that is created on the fly, and put text into a field outside of the basic client, such as a selected program it could be used to trouble shoot all sorts of problems, or just be helpful tool.
If I have it monitoring my webmail account, and an email comes in that I have atrigger set for, it could play a .wav file, or if I get a specific error in my error log, zmud could iniate a restart or my machine, or start a diagnostic program.
As for the new breed of games, same thing, if you get attacked, it auto targets the last attacker and defends itself. Or crafts, or whatever you need it to do.

IF there any way to get Zmud to print to the selected window instead of/or in addition to the zmud client?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:50 pm   

zMUD can interact with other applications etiher by DDE or COM. Every application that implements either of these decides what can be done by using them and thus you need to check the documentation of the specific application you want zMUD to control. Remember that finding information about the implementation of one of these two in some program is not always as easy as it is with zMUD.

Kjata
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:26 pm   

Read up a bit on VBscript, which the newest zMUD supports. You can use stuff like 'sendkeys' to send text to a selected window using VBscript.

zMUD can do a lot of things, if you only do a bit of reading and find out how. :)

Lady C.
gronga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:34 pm   

Thank you for your answers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: