Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:15 am   

capturing more than one characters stat

I noticed that the status window changes to the current character from one character to the next, Is there a way to make a global one and have all your characters sending stats to that one? this would be great for multiplaying to keep track of all the characters.

megamog75
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:06 pm   

The status window is defined in each character's individual setting, so you can't have a global status window. You can, however, use global variables and then give the same definition to each status window using these global variables.

Kjata
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:57 pm   

I see, so this is what i want to do:

have the status window show
name1 name 2 name3
hp: hp: hp:
M: M:
Mv: Mv: Mv:
Wt: Wt:

I am currently looking through the scripts and help files to see if i can find something on this, but if anyone knows how and would like to share i would appreciate it. Thanks Kjata,seems i still got to do more research.

megamog75
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:58 pm   

Take a look at the #GVAR command. Just use normal triggers in each character to catch the values, but instead of using #VAR to save the values to normal variables, you use #GVAR to save it to a global variable. You then define the status window using these variables just as if they were normal variables (@varName).

Kjata
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:34 am   

Ok thanks i got the #gvar to work really well but what do you think i could do about keeping them alligned? So that
name----name----name
mv------mv------mv with out the (-)
will stay in ther place? i am tring to use the split status script that was posted but I have had no luck with that so i gave been writing my own and will post it as soon as i am done.

megamog75
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:14 am   

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9645&FORUM_ID=29&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Charbal%27s+Status+Window+Extender&Forum_Title=Finished+MUD+Scripts

This is the link to Charbal's script It seems that all I hade to do was play around with it and now I can do eveyrthing I wanted.

Thanks Kjata for your suggestions,I like d doing the research and apperciate you just not giving me a direct script,your suggestions and hints have made it possible for me to do exactly what I wanted.

megamog75
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: