Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
david

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:16 pm   

mapper

I'd like the mapper to stay in creation mode so it updates the map when I enter new rooms, but I'd like it to stop creating rooms above old ones, like 'cause the room description changed...
The MUD I use prints out what's in that room right next to the room description, not necessarily separated from either the description or the exits line with a CRLF (so I can't think of a way to just add a simple #nomap for everything cyan (people) etc since that, to my knowledge, gages the whole line and might swallow the exits then)

so, any way to make it stop create those "layered" rooms?

Or, different approach, is it possible to not gag entire lines but only parts of it, like #cw does for coloring words?
The different parts of the textblock resembling a room is color-coded so I could add triggers that go for color-codes (uhm well I'd like to, how do I actually add color codes into triggers themselves (not via the switch in the trigger's properties))

*bla*
~david
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:26 pm   

You'd either have to re-format the room output from the MUD or use #TAG to tell the mapper which part of the room output is the description, name, etc. Neither method is guaranteed to work, but you would do both with ANSI triggers.

To include ANSI color codes in the trigger pattern you need to check the ANSI Trigger option for tha trigger. You then enter the color codes along with the rest of the text to match. With the ANSI Trigger option enabled, you can copy the colored text sent form the MUD into the pattern box of the trigger, and it will automatically appear with the correct colors codes in the pattern.

Kjata
david

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:40 pm   

neat, thanks :D

another question, is it possible to read/change the color of a room on the map with a command, so that for example you can have a trigger color every room that has the word WARES in the description yellow?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:31 pm   

Look at the %roomcol function. Remember also that you can omit the room numer from the mapper functions and it defaults to the current room. So, as an example, to change the current room to yellow you do:
#NOOP %roomcol(, "yellow")

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: