Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:07 pm   

#PRIORITY syntax error

The following trigger will constantly give a syntax error in the script parser. Can anyone see what is wrong, or is it a bug in the script parser?

#TRIGGER {^> (%*)} {#PRIORITY {#SUBSTITUTE {%ansi( default)> %cr%literal( %1)}}}

The mud I'm on has the habit of sending a prompt and then sending the next line without doing a CR first like so:

> Bob enters the room.

The above trigger just separates the two like it should be in the first place:

>
Bob enters the room.

I want the #PRI there to ensure it gets done ahead of any other processing (ie., I want the separation to occur so that #TR {^Bob enters the room.} {#ECHO Bob is here} fires correctly).

zMud 6.40/WinXP
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:48 pm   

Seems like the syntax checker has a problem with #PRIORITY. E-mail Zugg to make sure this gets entered into his bug database.

Even if the syntax checker had no problems, using #PRIORITY will not accomplish what you want. Triggers are not checked agaisnt the output of a #SUB command.

You can use this trigger instead:
#TRIGGER {^> (*)} {#GAG;#SH >;#SH %1}

which will make the other trigger fire. However, for some reason, the other trigger fires twice, so keep that in mind.

Kjata
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:45 am   

Thanks, didn't want to email it until it was confirmed as a bug and not a silly syntax error on my part.

I hadn't realized triggers wouldn't process on the #SUB... that saved me quite a bit of frustration, thank you. The #SHOW method seems to work fine so far, but I'll watch for the double firing effect.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:50 am   

Out of curiosity, is this a lpc mud and
have you tried Preferences->Emulation->Telnet Options X Use GA/EOR for prompt in v6.40.

Something I will test in muds I used to play ^_^

Ton Diening
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: