Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:00 am   

#IF statements

Is there a resdource available that comepletely explins the syntax of the #IF statement? like how to do the booleans, ANDs, ORs, NOTs (if possible), or shortcuts like | for OR if you do variable_A = c | d... ELSEIFs is available, SWITCHes if available. etc? I was able to do what i needed with nested IF's, but i could also have done it with ELSEIF. I'd like this not just for me but for the next guy that comes along and needs this information. Thanks in advance for the help.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:46 am   

The help entry for the #IF command found under the Command Reference topic in the Contents page of the help file. The entry for #IF also contains a link to the Expressions help entry which explains the various operators.

Kjata
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:57 am   

ok, i must've missed it becasue the only if i found in the help file was %if. that was in the index. i will check out where you mentioned. thanks!
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:37 am   

Commands start with #. Functions start with %. Most commands are listed in the index under "command", while the functions are listed indivually. For instance, #IF would be in the index at
commands
  IF
while %if will be in the index at
if

I usually look up commands using the Contents page, there's a full list when you expand the Command Reference book.

LightBulb
Kallendbor
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:03 pm   

Thanks for the info Lightbulb :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: