Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Megane
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:53 am   

keeping speedwalk lists in 6.40?

I've been using 6.26, which is before any of the updates to the mapper which came in the betas between 6.16 and 6.40(I believe anyway, I noticed no changed from 6.16 to 6.26 in the mapper).

I wanted to upgrade to 6.40 but the main problem that comes up is that I can't seem to keep any of my marked speedwalk rooms. I would think these would convert over to the new favorites list, but they didn't except for maybe 2. It would take a huge amount of time to redo all of my speedwalk rooms, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or if other people had success converting theirs.

As a sidenote, I've been trying to UNlicense zmud 6.40, but I get a 501 error. Anyone know anything about these?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:09 pm   

Don't understand what you mean, sorry. What was it that you did in 6.26 that you can't do anymore?

About the unlicensing, you are right. There appears to be a bug right now that doesn't allow this. Anyway, I believe Zugg notified eLicense about this and they should be working to resolve this. Zugg believes that this should be something which they should be able to fix from their side with no update of zMUD necessary.

Kjata
Megane
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:42 pm   

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry that I was unclear about my problem; here goes. when you used to right click a room and choose add to speedwalk list, it would add that room to the speedwalk list to the left of the map. That speedwalk list doesn't convert in 6.40.

So, I can do what I did in 6.26.... but as is it looks like I would have to readd and rename tons of those rooms.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:46 pm   

Yes, seems like you will need to do that. You may e-mail Zugg at [url="mailto:zugg@zuggsoft.com"]zugg@zuggsoft.com[/url] for his opinion, and in case you simply can't do it, you may suggest it to Zugg and he may add it in the future.

Kjata
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:49 pm   

It was really easy for the speedwalk list to be corrupted in the older master map files. When these are converted to the new map, zMUD removes any corrupted speedwalk that was saved. The only thing you can do is re-add them to your speedwalk list, sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: