Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:37 am   

Major issues with bot...

Hello everyone.
I'm at my wits end...literally, as I've been trying for 3 days to fix a few problems.

As per a prior post, my triggers/aliases/ect. vanished on me. Eventually, I figured out that it was a corrupt copy of Zmud, and a delete/reinstall corrected the issue...I thought...

So, I put my triggers all back in by hand. Went over them, no extra spaces...by all accounts, they look fine. But...they will not fire.

The only triggers that are firing are some that were in the older copy, but, were not firing in the old copy of Zmud. I looked in the class script of my bot folder and found that the only triggers listed there were the ones firing. All the rest, though seen in the folder itself, were not there.

So, I tried to edit the class script (just a test edit mind you) by adding a space behind one of the braces. When I saved, the entire folder emptied itself and the class script vanished. I rebooted and all the triggers are back, but still are not firing.

I can turn the bot on and off, that trigger works, the triggers to autolog/ect. work...but within the class itself...even the most basic simple triggers with no color, ( i.e. ^(%w) tells you 'shield' c shield %1), are not working at all.

I had exported a copy of the triggers, and when I imported them, it sent all the triggers straight to the mud and didn't load them. I have a copy of the mud folder saved, I have put that in and deleted the other, no dice.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times...did scan disk/disk defrag (in case it was my computer), and am getting nowhere fast.

Not only that, but the triggers that contain color codes (i.e. ha{Gpp{Ry. on the mud would look like: happy) gives me syntax errors and **refuses** to save unless I rewrite it as ha{G}pp{R}y, and that just will not fly as it will show up on the mud with the endbraces.
(ha}pp}y)

If there is someone that can make sense of what is going on, it would save my hair and my sanity.

Help!
M.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:58 am   

Did you try writing tildas before the { ?

-> ha~{Gpp~{Ry

I guess the syntax checker doesn't like opened brackets that dont close..

Lady C.
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:14 am   

The tildes worked for the color coding. I'm at least glad that is solved. :o) Thanks.

As for the rest...I tried deleting/reinstalling and not importing anything, just making new triggers and the bot class will not trigger anything unless I put it in. In other words, it's not capturing text from the mud.

Any ideas on the issue?
M.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:38 am   

To enable the bot class, use #T+ bot, either from the command line or from another setting. Each trigger can also be enabled/disabled individually using the green dot in the Settings Editor editing panel, so make sure they've all been enabled.

LightBulb
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:18 am   

I went through and looked, all of them are enabled.
The bot does turn on and off fine. It just seems that it will not read mud output. The only triggers working are the ones that I input.
For example, I smile at myself and I can get the trigger to smile, but when someone else smiles at me (different trigger for that of course), it will not fire.
So, it will not read from the mud.

M.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:47 am   

This only applies to the class "bot"? Or to all classes?

There's not much else I can think of to suggest.

LightBulb
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:54 pm   

Correct.
The triggers that are not firing are inside my bot class folder. Yet if I place a trigger inside of it that *I* set off (i.e., I physically type in what it is to trigger off of) it will fire.

As well as, if there is a -new- trigger placed in the folder. There is somewhere in the vicinity of 300 triggers or more in the folder and with the corrupt copy (and the lack of realizing it) I've had to put them in again 3 times already...I really hope it doesn't come down to that.

I just don't know what else to do. I can't figure out why in the world they just won't see the text coming from the mud anymore.
M.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:53 am   

On the Options tab (in the settings editor), there's a pull-down field at the top-right named Type:. Check that it's set to Pattern, not Command Input.

My next suggestion (assuming the above isn't the problem) is to create a new class, and move everything there. Unfortunately, that also means editing (and finding) any triggers, aliases, or other settings that include #T+ bot, #T- bot, or otherwise refer to this particular class.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: