Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
obor
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:35 pm   

is there a limit to the # of triggers ....

that result in the same action?

I have a list of about 20 spells i cast on myself. when I cast each one, I have it set up to "push" a button I have made (to track my spells), and I color the line a certain way upon successful casting of the spell.

I also have a similar thing set up for when the spell drops. the button gets "unpushed", the line is colored, and I do a "#SA" message, to the effect of "#SA Your sanc dropped!"

I do the same with maladictions. {You feel your strength slipping away} {#SA You have been weakened!!!;#CW 207}

so anyway, sometimes I notice the triggers don't "go". The class is active (I never turn the class off). The trigger "thingee" is not X'ed off.

It just seems taht sometimes the trigger doesn't "go", when it should. I've checked and rechecked. I dunno, but I have ALOT, was wondering if there was a limit to the number of triggers you can have.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:28 pm   

quote:

that result in the same action?

I have a list of about 20 spells i cast on myself. when I cast each one, I have it set up to "push" a button I have made (to track my spells), and I color the line a certain way upon successful casting of the spell.

I also have a similar thing set up for when the spell drops. the button gets "unpushed", the line is colored, and I do a "#SA" message, to the effect of "#SA Your sanc dropped!"

I do the same with maladictions. {You feel your strength slipping away} {#SA You have been weakened!!!;#CW 207}

so anyway, sometimes I notice the triggers don't "go". The class is active (I never turn the class off). The trigger "thingee" is not X'ed off.

It just seems taht sometimes the trigger doesn't "go", when it should. I've checked and rechecked. I dunno, but I have ALOT, was wondering if there was a limit to the number of triggers you can have.

There's no hard limit, but you might be punishing the processor by force-feeding it 20 triggers all at one time. If you do this, ZMud will be unable to apply changes at the correct time because it took so long to process.

Basically, you're limited by memory.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
obor
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:47 am   

i have what I would consider an "acceptable" system though, a 1-Gig CPU and 128 MB RAM (win2k)

I would hope that would be enough to work a text based game?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:59 am   

It sounds like you have 40 different triggers to match the up/down phrases of 20 different beneficial spells along with an unspecified number of triggers to match maledictions. That shouldn't be any problem. If triggers sometimes fail to fire, there's probably some other reason, such as the phrase getting split instead of being all on one line.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: