Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
iagpeg3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:11 pm   

Zmud locking up when viewing triggers

I play a mud where there is alot to keep track of and I use close to 100 triggers with variables to keep track of my progress on skills, crafts and training. Unfortunately, recenlty whenever I try to veiw my triggers or variables it freezes zmud and I have to end task and restart. I tried upgrading to the most current version hoping that would solve the problem but it has not.

Can anyone think of a way to fix this? There are many variables in there that are real important to keep track of.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:26 pm   

There's a good chance you have some corrupt settings. Follow the procedures recommended in the Migration Guide for corrupt settings.
Migration Guide - Troubleshooting

LightBulb
Drakus
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:28 pm   

Another thing, ive noticed how much ram do you have. Seems Zmud requires a great deal of memory and if you have a small amount of ram, it might freeze up because it requires more. (just a theory), i have the same problems i have to use 5.55 because my file is very large and ive tried for a year prob more to convert to 6.* and it freezes up everytime, even though i have cleaned and cleaned my files slimming them down and trying to fix anything that might cause corruption.

Drakus of Aardwolf
aardwolfmud.org 4000
Happy 5th Birthday Aard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: