Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:07 am   

#pick/%pick question

Is it possible to have the header format into multiple lines? For example, I'm wanting to set up a pick list with multiple items, but I want the header to read something like "Select the skills you would like to begin with. The number to the right is the cost in trains for the skill. You may select multiple items." but not have it stretch all the way across the screen. Is there any way to force a carriage return?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:54 am   

quote:

Is it possible to have the header format into multiple lines? For example, I'm wanting to set up a pick list with multiple items, but I want the header to read something like "Select the skills you would like to begin with. The number to the right is the cost in trains for the skill. You may select multiple items." but not have it stretch all the way across the screen. Is there any way to force a carriage return?

I'm using the latest beta (6.37a), but it looks like you need to use #PICK. %cr didn't work for me, but %char(13) did (neither worked for me with %pick).

#pick {p:This is a%char(13)test} {o:1} {a|b|c}

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:05 am   

That does force a carriage return, but the long string still stretches the window size out tremendously.

Any suggestions around this?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:41 pm   

• Use a shorter string

• After all, you shouldn't need to tell yourself the setup over and over.

• Use more than one carriage return

• Start a new line every sentence, or even every word, if you want. How wide the pick window gets is almost entirely under your control.

LightBulb
    Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: