Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:08 pm   

trigger help

Im trying to create a autoheal trigger and a duo-alt set of triggers but im running into problems and im not very good with the trigger writing... any help would be greatly appreciated.. the first one im trying to do is if my hps (%h) is less than a certain value then i eat x amount of heals.. one of the problems i run into is how to make it check after each round rather than each hit.. because if i have 2k hps i could be hit 5 seperate times for 200 each.. i dont want the trigger to fire 5 times... the other one im having problems with is similar to the first i want my alt to attack the same time i do but if i trigger it off my attack i may get 3 attacks but i dont want him to attack 3 times and go into lag... it might say your punch hits xxx (34) then under that your punch hits xxx (15) perhaps a couple more .. if i trigger off of your punch hits then my alt will attack twice wich could lag him out and kill him.. is there a way to set that so when i do my attack (puch xxx) that he will do his attack (kick xxx)?.. again any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance...
Dez
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:20 pm   

I see two main approaches to this problem.

If you know approximately how long a round lasts, you can use alarms. For instance, if a round would last between 1 and 2 secs you could have a 2-second alarm to heal you if your hps are low, and make your alt attack, placing it in a class which would usually be disabled. You could then trigger on your attacks and enable the class to start it running. After the battle, you could either disable the class manually, or do it using triggers.

If you know how many attacks you'll get in one round, you can count your attacks. For instance, you say you might get 3 attacks per round. So, using a variable, add 1 to the variable each time you punch. Whenever it reaches 3, heal if necessary, tell your alt to attack, and set the variable back to 0.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: