Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darsh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:28 pm   

Is it possible...

To automap a mud? What I mean, is that I play a mud where the room descriptions are like this.

[Exits: north east south west up down]

Is there a way, that using that information I could make it autorun through the MUD, as far as it could go, then recall, and basically map out the MUD for me since I play on a rather large MUD?

Just curious, heh and I wouldn't object to someone posting the script using the above info :p
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:55 pm   

It is 'possible', but it is a very complicated script. Also, it isnt a very GOOD way to do it. The first problem is when you run into aggresive mobs. The second problem, is that more than likely, there will be a few rooms that will require you to manually put them in, because the AI for the mapper cant be 100% all of the time. So if you run a script like this, you will find a room that the mapper wont accept automatically, and it will start to mess up your map.

All in all, with the time you use crreateing such a script, you could have proably mapped half of your mud manually. Then once you got past *test* your script, you could have the entire mud mapped.

Just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: