Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MinT_T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:50 pm   

Noob: IF and stat roller

Ok, I'm new to this version of zmud, so if statements and the new trigger features are confusing. But to keep it simple, I want a stat roller.
Mud:

Strength : 7
Intelligence : 18
Wisdom : 3
Dexterity : 15
Constitution : 13

Do you wish keep these stats (y/n)?

Now, after viewing the other posts about stat rollers, and trying to read up on how to work with this, this is what I have so far:

#TR {Strenght%s: (%d)$Intelligence%s: (%d)$Wisdom%s: (%d)$Dexterity%s: (%d)$Constitution%s: (%d)$%s$Do you wish keep these stats ~(y/n~)~?} {#VAR str {%1}; #VAR int {%2};#VAR wis {%3};#VAR dex {%4};#VAR con {%5}}

Now I want to send "no" to the mud if the values are less than 20, and yes ONLY when the values are all 20 or over. Help?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:46 pm   

I dislike multiline triggers, but anyhow...
It would be easier to meet your requirements by using a number of zMud's list functions. %sort comes right to mind. Since that is an ascii based sorting function and not a math based I will add a few little things to overcome that.

#TR {Strenght%s: (%d)} {#VAR Stats {%replace(%format("&3.0f",%1)," ","0")}}
#TR {Intelligence%s: (%d)} {#ADDITEM Stats {%replace(%format("&3.0f",%1)," ","0")}}
#TR {Wisdom%s: (%d)} {#ADDITEM Stats {%replace(%format("&3.0f",%1)," ","0")}}
#TR {Dexterity%s: (%d)} {#ADDITEM Stats {%replace(%format("&3.0f",%1)," ","0")}}
#TR {Constitution%s: (%d)} {#ADDITEM Stats {%replace(%format("&3.0f",%1)," ","0")}}
#TR {Do you wish keep these stats ~(y/n~)~?} {#IF (%item(%sort(@Stats),1)>19) {y} {n}} {prompt|no_cr}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:36 am   

The trigger you have is fine except that it will probably need to be a prompt trigger. If you drop the question line, you can use a regular (end-of-line) trigger.

#TR {Strength%s: (%d)$Intelligence%s: (%d)$Wisdom%s: (%d)$Dexterity%s: (%d)$Constitution%s: (%d)} {#VAR str {%1}; #VAR int {%2};#VAR wis {%3};#VAR dex {%4};#VAR con {%5};#IF ((%1 > 19) AND (%2 > 19) AND (%3 > 19) AND (%4 > 19) AND (%5 > 19)) {y} {n}}

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: