Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
peewee
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:41 am   

Creating a scripted exit

Greetings and salutations!
I'm trying to create a small script for a special exit on my MUD. From a certain room, there is an exit down into a tunnel beneath a graveyard into a crypt. Now, if the stone covering the exit has been pushed away, you only need to walk "down". If the stone is there, you have to "push stone" and then walk "down". If you try to walk down and the stone is covering the exit, you get the message "There is no obvious exit down." Unfortunately, "push stone" moves the stone both ways. So if you "push stone" and the exit was already open, you close it. There is no description in the room telling you if the exit is covered.

I'd like to know how I create a script specifically for that room. So when I stand in that particular room and walk "down", if I get "There is no obvious exit down." I should give the command "push stone;down", and move down on the automap. Otherwise, just walk as normal...

Help?

"May the Force be with you"
[url]peewee@mars11.net[/url]
nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:23 am   

Well I would just create something like this.

#alias {1} {push stone}
#trig {You push the stone covering the entrance.} {push stonedown}

Simple enough.

Sup
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:58 am   

I'm afraid its note that simple. First thing you want to do is make the link not be a door on your map. That way it wont automatically send the door command. Then in the scripts section of the Room Properties put this in:

#TR {There is no obvious exit down.} {#NODIR;push stone;down}

What this will do is if it read the "There is no obvious exit down", the trigger will stop you from going down on the map, then it will send the push stone command, THEN it will follow you down.

If you have trouble finding the script section for the room, select the 'Room Properties' and be in the first tab(The one that shows the room's name and describtion) and try dragging the bottom portion up. Its usually partially hidden at the bottom.

Also, nutsnbolts, I dont know what you were trying with that alias, but it wouldnt work like that.Why even make an alias if you arent going to call it in the script? And its generally not good to name an alias '1' or '0'. Also the default seperator is ';', not , and that will cause confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: