Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dthibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:13 am   

Captureing multiple lines of text

The MUD I'm playing inserts splits up messages to multiple lines and inserts a tab at the beginning of the second and subsequent lines. For example:

Fred says Hello this is a really long line to give an example of
........how a message would be displayed as output of the mud

(note: the "........" is actually white space. it didn't seem to format in the post correctly)

So, how would I capture these lines so that I can correctly send it to another window?

Also, I think I'd like to "re-attach" the second line and make it all one big line.

Dan T.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:02 pm   

Fikrst thing is read you muds help and see if you can set your screen size. You would want to set the width up to 200 if possible. That would allow zMud to do the wordwrapping for you instead of the mud.
sp000n
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:44 am   

It's his mud doing the formatting, not his screen.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:40 am   

That's why Vijilante recommended increasing the screen width, if the MUD will allow it. With a 200 character screen width, there will be far fewer lines being formatted by the MUD.

You might try using #C+ and #C-. If you have a prompt which will show up at the end of the "say", it would be ideal for the #C- command. Most of the time, it should just be an ignored command since you wouldn't be capturing. If not, perhaps this will work.
#TR {%w says %x} {#C+ says}
#TR {^%x} {#C-}

I don't think "re-attaching" lines will be worth the effort it would take to come up with a successful method of doing so. It would be better if they weren't broken up in the first place (see Vijilante's suggestion).

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: