Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
raks
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 7:26 am   

Repeating ... Commands, help

okay here is my probably... i use about 10 diffrent lines to flee and recall myself if someone attacks me but the lines can repeat them selfs a few times before i finally recall. Which can make me end up recall like 3 or 4 times in a row once it goes off.
my trigger lines are:

hits you right in the groin!
knocks your legs our from under you! You fall down.
makes a slick move and trips you! You fall down.
misses a kick at your
OUCH! {A Cloaked Figure|An old man|A Dark-Hooded Figure|Hooded Character|Strange man|suspicious man|friendly man|unfriendly|poor beggar|funny figure|cityguard|gladiator|mecenary|gypsy man|priest|woman|merchant|nobleman|janitor|shimmering figure|drunk bum|evil man|philosphor|guards|godly man|(%w)}'s clenched fist finds your face.
sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!
slowly fades into existence.
^OUCH! That really did HURT!
^That really did HURT!
{A Cloaked Figure|An old man|A Dark-Hooded Figure|Hooded Character|Strange man|suspicious man|friendly man|unfriendly|poor beggar|funny figure|cityguard|gladiator|mecenary|gypsy man|priest|woman|merchant|nobleman|janitor|shimmering figure|drunk bum|evil man|philosphor|guards|godly man|Djinn}'s punch hits your face! OUCH!

now the command(s) i exicute on them are :

flee
recite recall
remove backpack
get recall backpack
wear backpack

But like i said before the command can come one after on other (not really in that order)
and they end up makeing me waste a bunch of scrolls when i recalled the first time

any help would be usefull
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 9:26 am   

Try setting a variable to true when you have recalled, and check it in your trigger, ie:

#IF(not @recalled) {flee;recall; .. ;recalled=1}

and then trigger on some message which shows that you have recalled, and set the variable to 0.

Lady C.
raks
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 3:50 pm   

that would help if keep from repeating
exp.

So and so sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!
flee
recite recall
remove backpack
get recall backpack
wear backpack
(1 sec)
so and so misses a kick at your face!
flee
recite recall
remove backpack
get recall backpack
wear backpack

so i wouldn't have to worry about the recall going off like 2 times(can be more) before it finally recalls me?

Okay on #IF commands. I don't understand how to set them up right so i usally don't try to use them. So it would help if i can see it set up right for me.

#TRIGGER {hits you right in the groin!} {fleerecite recallremove backpackget recall backpackwear backpack}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: