Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Foam
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:53 am   

Automated logging on and saving of alts

If a character isnt saved roughly every 3 months it will autodelete on the mud i play (shorter for lowbie chars) What would be very useful would to be able to make abutton on my main char that will log on, save then quit each of my alts in turn. Would use #ses and window name to do this? I'm not sure how to approach the reconnect/different character pop up menu u get when u quit a char.... Another wrinkle in my plans is for some reason the autolog triggers doesnt seem to be working for my new characters... the wizard seems to capture the name and pword fine..... but then doesnt autolog on the char until i type in the characters name manually... it then autofills in the pword. Anybody experienced this problem b4 and know its cause? I'm making the assumption that this problem would need to be worked out b4 the automated log on and save/quit of my chars from a single button press can be achieved.

Tnx for your time all
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:30 am   

#SESSION sounds right.

Clearly, the password trigger is working. Instead of typing in the character name, just type #CH. If that works, you have the correct name and password saved, and all that's needed is to fix the name trigger. Find your autolog triggers and select the one that provides the character's name. Make sure the options are set to trigger on Prompt and not set to trigger on Newline. It should also be set to Case Sensitive, Verbatim, and Trigger on Trigger if the autolog wizard made it. Check that the Value is set to #CH. Then check the trigger phrase and make sure it matches your login text EXACTLY, including trailing spaces. Finally, click on the Autolog folder and make sure the class is set to Enable class when connecting to a MUD.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: