Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
spotlight
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:16 pm   

how can i fix this?

everytime i type n , zmud sends open north and north when i only want it to send north. doesn't do it with anyother direction
using 6.25
win xp pro
bruntilda
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:45 pm   

Two possibilities that I can think of. First, you could have an alias named 'n' that sends those commands. You would have to search through your settings to find and delete it. Second possibility, if the mapper is open, it may think that you are in a room with a door to the north. Closing the mapper should fix that.
Reddytedy
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:59 pm   

Is it just when you type n? or when you hit the 8 key on your keypad? If it happens when you hit the 8 key than go into keypad configurations in the editor and look in there for the messed up macro.. Also check for the alias of n in the editor like bruntilda said.

Alan
spotlight
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:14 am   

just typing n, searched for alias found none.. and no i don't use the key pad. turn off mapper and it does it randomly now instead of every time...
go figure
iljhar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:30 pm   

I know that if you have the mapper open and you are trying to enter a room that has a door, the mapper will automatically try to open the door, hence the 'open north'. If you don't have an alias or macro or anything set up, then that's the only way I can think of zMUD sending 'open north' before sending 'north' to the mud. What you can try to do is use the #move command to move you around the mapper and the #nodir command to clear the last direction in the mapper queue.

Iljhar
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: