Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Slugworth83

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:00 pm   

Incrementing a Loot Alias

Appreciate the help provided on previous posts. Pretty new to really using a client and have a lot of catching up to do!

One issue I'm having is after killing a room full of mobs, it's a pain in the butt to examine 1.corpse, get coins 1.corpse, examine 2.corpse, get coins 2.corpse, etc.

I had an auto loot trigger, but it causes a lot of lag in the middle of some pretty big fights when multiple mobs die in a single round, and so I need another solution. I was talking with a buddy, and one idea he had centered around and "auto incrementing get macro" (he built his own client, so isn't much help on cmud).

The idea is that after the fight, i could type "loot" and it would send "examine 1.corpse;get coins 1.corpse". and if i entered loot a second time, it would auto increment to "examine 2.corpse;get coins 2.corpse". And ultimately, when i move rooms (n e w s d u) it would reset to 1.corpse.

I think it's a great solution, but I have no earthly idea where to even start building this out and testing it. Any direction would be appreciated!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:43 am   

That would be easy enough to accomplish.

Code:
#EVENT onRoomEnter {thisCorpse=0}

#ALIAS loot {
  thisCorpse=(@thiscorpse+1)
  examine %concat(@thisCorpse, ".corpse")
  get coins %concat(@thisCorpse, ".corpse")
  }

This does require the mapper to be able to detect when you move from room to room.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:04 am   

shalimar wrote:
That would be easy enough to accomplish.

Code:
#EVENT onRoomEnter {thisCorpse=0}

#ALIAS loot {
  get coins %concat(@thisCorpse, ".corpse")
  }

This does require the mapper to be able to detect when you move from room to room.

Wow, super helpful. I don't currently utilize the mapper... in that case, I'm assuming i could just substitute some trigger on room movement "You follow %w *"?
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:37 am   

I'd look for something more like "Obvious exit(s): east, north, etc, etc"
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:44 am   

#TR {Obvious exit{s|}:} {thiscorpse=0)

would also work

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:12 am   

okay, building on this (if that's alright)....

What if instead of simply executing "get coins", I wanted to reference a String List where i had populated specific items I wanted to loot? For example, the game loads dozens of spell components on random mobs, but I generally only want 5 or 6 that are relevant for my character. So I'd like to create a list called @comps, enter in the 5 or 6 components (in addition to coins), and then only loot if there are those items on @comps.

#forall @comps {
#IF (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
get xxxxx %concat(@thisCorpse, ".corpse")
}
#TR {You Follow *} {thisCorpse=0}

-----------------

I'm not realizing this is merging into my previous post that you answered, and I haven't had a chance to play with yet. I'll give that a shot and see if I can merge the two theories.

Does something like this work? How do you build the IF statement against whatever the output from a particular line is?
Slugworth83

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:59 am   

Thinking about this some moreā€¦ what if I built in a trigger state that activated on examine corpse, and then I just had simple triggers like

#Condition {a pinch of gold dust} {get pinch corpse)
#Condition {a big sword} {get sword corpse)

Ect.

That would only make those triggers active while in the state that would shut off after looting. That should prevent causing issues if I examine my chest, for example, and trying to loot stuff out of there. What do you think?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:33 am   

Thee issue here lies in the order of the various components in the corpse.

I would instead just reference %concat(@thisCorpse, ".corpse") in the grabber part of the stated trigger in the other thread.
It is already testing all the contents of the corpse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: