Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mr.Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:58 am   

Some quick Help on a clickable menu please

Hey all, wondering how to get a speedwalk path such as ".4w4n4e4s(open curtain;open window)3es" or even better, a predefined path ".towntoforest" to work within an MXP menu.

So far i have

#MXP <color cyan>Would you like to <send "|.towntoforest|.towntocastle" "|Forest|Castle">travel</send>?</color>

with travel being right-clickable and the Directions to 2 locations are embedded in the menu correctly, but they aren't working properly. note that i've tried ".4w4n4e4s(open curtain;open window)3es" also, the actual directions for 'towntoforest'. still not working.

no 'tooltip' when hovering the mouse and a blank line at the top of the menu box are the reason behind a blank to the left of the first bar, anyway everything is displayed properly how i'd like it. however, the problem is when i click on "Forest", the output is the verbatim of ".towntoforest", which does nothing. if, in the same room, i manually type ".towntoforest", it takes me there. Why does the mxp menu spit out the name of the path instead of EXECUTING the path? i'm sure it's a special char or some braces or something to expand the path, i just can't figure it out. the end goal is to trigger the menu at the town square, having a list of nearby stores and areas with clickable speedwalks to them. i'm on the player end, not the developer end in case the commands or syntax changes when not server-based. help would be appreciated, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: