Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
peterwiggin
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 am   

[3.34] Mapper issues

Hello,
I have two problems, tah, strangle, didn't occure in 2.37:

1. Keyboard creation doesn't work. Turning off keypad pkg helps, but hey, why do I have to do this in order to draw few rooms? Previously I didn't have to. I worked just fine.

2. Autoconfiguration: I play a rather hard to configure MUD (Arkadia) but lately autoconfiguration stopped working even more:

I make map on 'short descriptions', so rooms look like:

>n (direction command)
Ruszasz niespiesznie na polnoc. (the 'you move north' line)
Imperialny trakt. (room name)
W gestych ciemnosciach dostrzegasz trakt wiodacy na poludnie i polnoc. (exits line saying: In night's darkness you see road going north and south)

I have this changed by my config:

> n (direction command)
(move line gaged, or not, tried both)
Imperialny trakt. (room name)
===> S, N (exits)

And now: when I 'reconfigure', it goes well, tags name, tags exits. But after reconfiguration it doesn't work. Doesn't draw rooms or finds exits in them. If I disable triggers, it works (draws rooms) but doesn't recognize exits, and names room with 'you move north' line.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:17 am   

The automatic mapper configuration makes certain assumptions about what the mud output is going to be when you enter a room. While it works for many "standard" MUDs, it doesn't seem to work for yours. You can, instead, use the offline configuration option. More often that not, this solves the problem. You can see this option on the right top corner of the configuration dialog box. Try it and let us know.

EDIT: You might find this page useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: