Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
TripHitNdip

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 pm   

Someone please help!

I finally got some help with a related post below, but now I can't get ahold of the guy helping me.... Can someone elaborate?

It used to be more sophisticated, making the text yellow and stuff. But this still does it. For this to work <> needs to be set to eval. But here's the doodad.

#alias prepsub {#PROMPT PrepName {Enter the TEXT for the Prep};#PROMPT PrepEffects {Enter the EFFECTS of the prep};#trigger {<@PrepName>} {#sub " <@prepname> ~[<@PrepEffects>~]"} {PrepSubs} "PrepSubs"}

Essentially what this does is it creates a set of prompts where you copy/paste/type in the text from lore/id. Then you type in the text you want subbed afterwards. It will create a trigger that substitutes the entire string of words in the variable @prepname with @prepname + @prepeffects.

So you copy the text from the ID and them type in prepsub and it brings up a dialogue box that you then paste the text from the id (the name part. Trust me, use the id/lore long name.) Then you hit enter/ok and it pops up another dialogue box. This is where you type in what you want to come afterwards. Then it does its magic.

So it would be like

@prepname = a potion of return
@prepeffects = Word of Recall

end result:

A potion of return [Word of Recall]
A potion of return [Word of Recall] is here.
A Stupid Bard brandishes a potion of return [Word of Recall] stupidly towards you.

You can use this for other things like

@prepname = bashes you
@prepeffects = Oh Shit!!!

Warrior bashes you [Oh Shit!!!] and sends you flying!

---------------

How do I set <> to eval!?
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 am   

There's a checkbox for it on the General Parsing page of preferences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: