Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mr.Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 pm   

Autocast help

Was trying to figure out a good way to setup an autocast/spellup alias for myself. i found quite a bit of info but my mud works a little differently than the ones that have examples, and i'm new to working beyond simple triggers and aliases so i need a little guidance.

My question is, what would i have to do to be able to automatically cast spells that i'm not affected by, from a list i predefine. my mud's output for seeing what i'm affected by is in my score, a shortened example:

You are Thraxx the Male Hylar Dwarf, a level 1 Cleric.
Your equipment is currently not being concealed.
You barely feel the weight of your items.
You are standing.
You are affected by the following:
....aid
....bless
....heroism
....protection from evil
(periods are actually spaces, but i couldn't get that to show up on the preview here)

I want to be able to log on, hit score, and be ready to just type spellup. How do I do that? Not good at captures. I don't know how to tell zmud what to look for, so i guess what i need is the syntax to make zmud capture my score output as the modifier for the variables i use like @bless_on/@bless_off instead of using "You feel righteous./You feel less righteous." I know i'd have to make a list of the spells i need zmud to look for, just don't know how.

Example, during a long fight bless, heroism, and protection from evil wear off, but i'm too busy worrying about keeping people alive to care. after the fight i hit score, see that i need a few things, type 'spellup' and get those 3 spells cast back on myself.

Is it possible, and what would be the right way to set up something like this? i know its way off and horribly oversimplified, but it should give you an idea of what i'm trying to do:

#act {You are affected by the following: (check list from score)} {#var bless bless_off;#var heroism heroism_off;#var protevil protevil_off;etc.}<---Still need help with this.
#alias {spellup} {#IF @bless|@heroism|@protevil|etc. == off} {cast stuff} <----Figured this part out.

again, this probably looks like a child is trying to do it, but it should help you experts see what is going on in my head a little better. what's the RIGHT way to do that?
and is there a way to set all the variables to off/on all at once for when i do disconnect or die or whatever?

Also, how hard would it be to make my own "aff" alias and make it #show me the spells that i am and am not affected by at the moment in a nice list (possibly/preferably color-coded)? any help to cut down on pages of typing for this would be great. Example:

aff

***** You are affected by *****

aid
heroism

***** You are missing *****

protection from evil
bless

Thanks so much for your time and any help is very very appreciated.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 am   

If you just want a visual display... i would suggest a bunch of buttons (one for each possible affect)
Then make a trigger for when it goes on that does:
#T+ buttonName
and when it goes off:
#T- buttonName

As far as the score output
Code:
#TR {^    (*)} {#ADDITEM activeSpells %1}

That should make a stringlist with the various spells, or you could have it do the #T+ command like shown above

Personally, instead of turning buttons on and off (which makes them disappear) i like to change the color of the buttons by script (%btncol) based on weather or not the spell is active, and clicking on the button attempts to cast it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: