Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mr.Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:52 pm   

cMUD skill countdown timer and info captures- please help

hey all, i just started learning the advanced things you can do with mud clients beyond simple aliases and triggers. never even knew how to use variables until about a week ago...and i know i'm in over my head a little with this but but a friend of mine asked me to figure it out and i know it can be done so i'm curious to learn how to set it up, and use the info to make other things in the future. 2 things:

1. a skill "cooldown" timer. example: when i cast 'darkness' i get a message like 'You create a billowing cloud of inky blackness.' it then begins a countdown in the game itself based on level -- specifically (2*level/3) combat rounds (6 seconds each round, for my level it would be exactly 2 minutes or 120 seconds); before i'm able to cast it again, which i normally cannot see ..i need a gauge or a timer in an output window or both or SOMETHING so i can keep visual/numerical tabs on how long i have before i can use it again. the 'you create a billowing....' message would be used to begin the timer with variables or whatever, and kill itself or zero out when it sees 'You are able to create magical darkness again.' until i cast it again, where it would automatically reset itself back to a 120 second countdown . there are several skills/spells like this so it would be extremely useful for things like 'lay on hands' which i can only use every 12 ticks, etc.

2. a way to take the input when i type 'group' to have cmud automatically set up some variables for the people in my group. example:

Member Hits Move Position Fly Inv Water iMT Here Lights Mem
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill perfect rested standing Y N N Y Y 1 3
Jeff fair exhausted resting N Y Y Y Y 2 0
George awful rested fighting Y N Y Y Y 0 2

when i type 'group' that's about what i see except the spacing is different obviously...i want it to automatically record that information, specifically the Member and Hits areas, to variables such as @member1, @member2, @member3... then, have aliases like 'h1''h2''h3' for 'h1 = cast 'heal' @member1 (Bill)', 'h2 = cast 'heal' @member2 (Jeff)', and 'h3 = cast 'heal' @member3 (George)' respectively, and if someone happens to be at 'awful' while 'fighting' and also a Y under "Here"...'recite recall' on that specific member of the group automatically. the number of spaces between things changes with number of letters in the members' names and such...basically after typing 'group' and seeing the exact information above, i wish it would automatically 'recite recall' on George, and make it so 'h2' would cast 'heal' on Jeff (not auto, but my own input of 'h2' alias)

an alias to turn these features on and off at will would also be incredibly useful.

I know these things probably take a ridiculous amount of time to explain, but i have no idea where to even begin and i don't have any friends that are any good at any of it, so i basically need someone to show me step by step how do to every bit of it...afterwards i can use the help to start learning how to do this on my own. i don't know how to make buttons, gauges, outputs, nothing...please help me. i've looked around on the forums and it seems like most answers take for granted that the person knows how to do at least some of this so i get lost. this will make my mudding experience so much more efficient and less frustrating. also, my friend uses JMC which is similar but the syntax is probably different. if anybody is aware of the differences please give me a heads up... thank you all so much for even taking the time to read this rambling mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: