Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am   

Speed Menu

is there a way to get speed menus nested together other then having them be substates of the same initial menu?

Ideally I would like to have speed menus from separate packages being under the same menu heading.

I tried using the same heading in multiple places, it just makes multiple instances instead of grouping them together
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 am   

Aside from substates, you can use Submenu classes (this is the old way to create submenus). First, create the menu object that will be your submenu parent. In that object's properties, type in the name of the class that will hold the submenu objects. Next, create that class and set the Submenu class property to true (checked). Inside that class, create the menu objects that make up your submenu.

That's the old way to do it. You can combine both methods, so for common submenu objects you may want to just make using the substate method. The variable menu options you can stuff into a separate folder to enable/disable as needed, and CMud doesn't care how many classes you have with that name. If they are all submenu classes and there are menu objects in them, it'll put them all in the same submenu grouping (limited only by enabled state and context.)
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:44 pm   

Ahh, that class trick works quite well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: