Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
depme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 am   

GMCP triggers

This has probably been covered somewhere but I haven't been able to find it and since I'm a noob at this stuff and totally clueless, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I am working with Aardwolf GMCP messages. The CMUD docs mention triggering on a received GMCP message but when I do, the triggers never go off. For example, a trigger on char.status never seems to get triggered. Debug shows the GMCP messages arriving as a telnet message (which if I recall, are the way the message should be sent).

What am I doing wrong here?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:18 am   

Edit:

Just realized you posted in zMUD forums. zMUD does not have GMCP capabilities, so you won't be able to do GMCP triggers.

If you DID mean CMUD, and merely posted in the wrong forum, then check to make sure you're setting the Type and Param correctly (Type: GMCP and param of 201) as indicated in the screenshot below:

Hope this helps!

Charneus
depme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm   

Well, I did mean CMUD and how I got in ZMUD is a mystery. You answered my question though and I should be able to figure it out from there
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 pm   

I moved the topic to the CMUD General Discussion.
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:23 pm   

I don't think the suboption number is required, though if it's supposed to be then CMud must be using an internal default of 201 if it's set to 0. Either way, mine show a zero as set up via the New Trigger button and it works completely fine.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:36 pm   

Yes, the 201 argument is ignored for GMCP triggers. I should probably just hide that value. GMCP triggers are based upon telnet triggers, but are hardcoded to use the 201 Telnet option for GMCP.

Back to the original poster: Go into the Protocols page in the Preferences and show us the list of GMCP packages that are being enabled. We need to check and see if char.status is in this list. Otherwise the MUD won't know that you want that message data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: