Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am   

Importing Cmud sessions

This might be so obvious its silly but after installing my spanky new registered Cmud.

I was waiting for the Import Cmud sessions popup window but all I got was a Zmud sessions inport request
so I said no cause i haven't used Zmud in years everything has been Cmud. and now I can't seem to import
my Cmud Stuff.

Since this is a new version I did install it into a new folder not over the last betas/Purchased Versions I have, all I see is "import zMud sessions"
when i try to just goto the Cmud directory the "next" button isn't functional. what the heck am I missing.

Thanks
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:57 am   

Well, for starters, there's no Import From CMud feature. Wink

What are the install options for both of your copies of CMud? The application directory is obviously different, but did you go ahead and also choose a different data directory? If not, your session data SHOULD have remained intact with no need for an import at all; if you changed it, a simply copy from the v2 data directory to the v3 data directory should suffice.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:58 am   

You don't need to import CMUD sessions. You simply use the same packages you had before. The only reason they wouldn't show up by default is because you moved the location of your package folder. If you copy you original packages over to the new location you should be able to access.

In short you don't need to, and shouldn't install to a new location, unless you don't want you packages to carry over.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 am   

Dang you 2 are on top of it hehe Thanks

Quote:

Well, for starters, there's no Import From CMud feature

what'll happen when the aliens take all references of Zmud away in there spaceships? what will take it's place in the file menu choices?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: