Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Moo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 pm   

Shared maps

I have two characters I want to have loaded at the same time. Both sharing the same map.
I have added the same map to each of the sessions, and given the map object in the settings a different name in each session.
This has worked alright, unlike before where I was getting confused between the two map objects.
The problem is with zone/room scripts.
When I click on the "map" button in the toolbar, it opens the map window with the correct title depending on which session is selected.
This is good. But if I go into the properties for a room and click on "Edit scripts for this room", it will create the folder in the map object for the first session that I opened (I think...), and not the session that is currently active. It is as if the mapper only sees the first session. The room folders in both sessions are enabling and disabling as I move around, and the enable scripts are firing for both sessions. The triggers in the room folders for the second session don't fire at all. The triggers in the room folders for the first session do fire, as long as I have the first session package enabled in the second session (which I don't really want).

So.. It seems there is a little confusion between the sessions in the mapper.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:41 pm   

You'll need to use the 3.x Beta version of CMUD for sharing maps. It has support for putting the map database in a shared package and then having a separate "location" within each session and having both location dots displayed on the same map. The 2.x version does not support map sharing. If you have more questions on the Beta version, post to the Beta forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: