Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 am   

Forced out of 3.17

3.17 was working really well for me, then all of a sudden I got this message that said that it was expired and I needed to upgrade. So I did and this keeps happening. Variable, lfhand, is suppose to be "an alabaster white shield," it ends up being "an alabaster white shield" with a %numword(@lfhand) = 13. I know it is counting spaces, but it didn't used to do that. This change has thrown all my settings off, anyone happen to have a fix or a way for me to use 3.17 again?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm   

This should be posted in the Beta forum, since it is clearly a problem in the Beta version.

No, you cannot use 3.17 again. 3.17 is a Beta test version, and people using it explicitly agree to help beta test it. It does no good to Beta test on an old Beta version, so the Beta versions automatically expire, forcing you to use the newest Beta version. If you don't wish to Beta test, you should not be using the Beta version.

To help figure out the specific problem with %numword, you will need to give us more information. I don't see how "an alabaster white shield" could come out as 13 words. Are there other things inside that variable, like color codes? To reproduce the problem, we will need to see _exactly_ what you are doing.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 pm   

If I recall who the OP is, the game she's playing is Dragonrealms or some other Simutronics game. They use the GSL code tags to send info, and two of the tags, GSm and GSl (lower-case L), describe the contents of items held in your right/left hands. For some REALLY weird reason that I never discovered an answer to, Simutronics sends the name of the item separated by multiple spaces:

Code:
an      alabaster     white      shield

Anywho, %numword() and %word() both use " " as a default delimiter so yes both function did in fact used to do that (count the boundaries between consecutive spaces as separate words).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 am   cmud

Version 3.12 is the present Beta release, which became available in early December.
Unlike previous versions of ZMud and CMud, it has moved the mapping
Then I tried downloading and installing the Beta version of Cmud.
It's still crashing loading Mud list to SQLite V3.

make money online
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:56 am   

3.12 is not the current beta release, 3.23 is.
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 am   

GeneralStonewall wrote:
3.12 is not the current beta release, 3.23 is.

I didn't even notice... but nice 3.23 is out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: