Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kroogyzuggsoft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am   

Anyone abl to help with thys trigger or whatever its called

Im trying to make a code or something that in my game when i hit DATE. it will trigger for that month
and then something will activate and when i hit my check back stuff it will highlight specific predefined items.

I play Imperian. when we hit IR we can see waht we have stashed away like herbs.
each month a different herb is harvestable and i would like i to highlight the herbs that have that can be harvest for that month.
so eatch month something different will be highlighted.

i hope this makes sense.
so in our month of Vita herbs like Laurel, Juniper, Weed, Toadstool, etc grows and like in the next month Fas Hyssop and Myrrh grows.
so i want it that if i hit DATE and it shows Vita I will see the herbs that grow in that month highlighted.
then a few hours when i hit DATE and it shows Fas I will see Hysosp and Myrhh highlighted and i wont see the herbs from Vita highlighted.

if anyone could help that would be great, cuz I dont know how to do stuff like this.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:36 pm   

I do not play Imperian, so I don't quite understand what you are saying. Is the DATE you are referring to a date in real life, or an in-game date? If it is an in-game date, how do you learn what the date is? We need that kind of information before we can give you any specific advice. Most likely it would be done with a trigger to match the mud output which tells you the date.

As for how to do the highlighting, I can think of several methods. One would be to have a single trigger which does the highlighting, something like:
a pattern of: ({@ThisMonthsHerbs})
a value of: #sub {<c red>%1<c>}
[edited to fix the angle brackets]

@ThisMonthsHerbs will be a variable containing a stringlist of herb names which will be highlighted (in red in this case)by this trigger. You also have a set of variables like: @JanuaryHerbs, @FebruaryHerbs, etc. The trigger you create to match the date then just sets @ThisMonthsHerbs equal to the appropriate month's variable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: