Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gamesover
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 am   

How to make Variable, Alias and Trigger independent in each session

Hi, I met a problem when I played with CMUD

Usually, I open serval sessions in CMUD to play. But I found those variables, alias and triggers are not independent. When I try to use %lastcom in current window(session), the command in other session would be called to current session.

The same situation happens for alias, trigger and variable. I just want to use current alias, trigger and variable under current session. BTW, I have a globle module package, is that the reason?

But the trigger is not in globle module, but in other sessions would be called to current sessions as well. This puzzle me really big time.

If I open several session in the same time, how to guarantee each session is completely indenpendent?

The last question, when I try to create a new trigger, it always popup a dialogue tell me that I must rename this trigger since the trigger has been created already. But the so-called same trigger is under an unactive folder. The same trigger is not problem since each time I will select and choose what proper trigger to be used. Can I choose to close CMUD this pop up dialogue?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 am   

Have you tried opening a separate instance of CMUD itself?
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm   

Another possibility is changing the package to use a separate instance for each session. Open a session offline. Open the Package Editor. Right click on the appropriate package. Click on Package Properties in the pull-down menu. At the bottom of the window, uncheck the box labeled Shared. If that box is checked, every session (in the same instance of Cmud) will share the settings simultaneously. If that box is unchecked, each simultaneous session will use a separate instance of the package (and all it's variables).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: